We know that the process of creating, building and managing great brands requires a carefully orchestrated interplay between inspired creativity and analytical rigor. There must be objectivity and collaboration, within the organization and throughout the endeavor. Creating great brands is a matter of knowing both where and how to look… for unseen truths… unmet customer needs… hidden opportunities.
We believe in five universal truths that apply to all brands:
· Brands drive sustained growth by connecting to both the heart and the mind – to emotion and reason in equal measure.
· Brands are crafted and expressed through inspiration and creativity, applied to a careful understanding of rational and emotional drivers of preference and loyalty.
· Brands must retain relevance and appeal through careful maintenance over time, using intelligent brand management techniques and metrics to measure both financial and perceptual performance.
· Brands are economic assets to be invested in and managed for financial returns.
· Brands, if managed well, enable organizations to embody their aspirations and inspire stakeholders – customers, employees, partners and the investment community.